1. As of noon trading, Colgate-Palmolive Company ( CL) is down $0.53 (-0.8%) to $63.67 on light volume. Thus far, 868,561 shares of Colgate-Palmolive Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $63.59-$64.20 after having opened the day at $64.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.20. Colgate-Palmolive Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. The company operates in two segments: Oral, Personal and Home Care; and Pet Nutrition. Colgate-Palmolive Company has a market cap of $59.3 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Colgate-Palmolive Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Colgate-Palmolive Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Colgate-Palmolive Company Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts