1. As of noon trading, Caterpillar ( CAT) is up $0.59 (0.7%) to $89.52 on average volume. Thus far, 2.0 million shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $88.67-$89.54 after having opened the day at $88.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.93. Caterpillar Inc. manufactures and sells construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives worldwide. Caterpillar has a market cap of $56.4 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Caterpillar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Caterpillar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Caterpillar Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the industrial goods sector could consider Industrial Select Sector SPDR ( XLI) while those bearish on the industrial goods sector could consider ProShares Short Dow 30 ( DOG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts