1. As of noon trading, Charles Schwab ( SCHW) is up $0.36 (1.4%) to $25.90 on light volume. Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Charles Schwab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $25.51-$25.92 after having opened the day at $25.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.54. The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides securities brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services to individuals and institutional clients. The company operates through two segments, Investor Services and Institutional Services. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $33.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial services industry could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial services industry could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts