SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
WHO: Silicon Valley Bank, a leading provider of commercial banking services to the innovation sector and the wine industry, will release its Annual State of the Wine Industry Report in a live broadcast from SVB TV studios. Rob McMillan, founder of Silicon Valley Bank's wine division and author of the report, will be joined by Paul Mabray of VinTank, Mario Zepponi, Principal at Zepponi & Company, and Glenn Proctor, Partner at the Ciatti Company to discuss trends in the wine industry in 2014.
WHAT: The report, based on a survey of nearly 650 West Coast wineries, in-house expertise and ongoing research, addresses current issues facing the US wine industry. The report offers data and observations that help wine business owners and managers think critically about their business strategies.WHEN: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Pacific time. WHERE: Live online broadcast. Register here. WHY: The US wine business is mostly private and family owned. Access to information is difficult to come by. Silicon Valley Bank's annual wine report is based on its in-house expertise as one of the largest bankers to the West Coast wine industry for 20 years, a proprietary database of more than a decade of winery financials, ongoing research, and an annual survey of 500 West Coast wineries. The report offers data, observations and recommendations that wineries can use to grow their own businesses, as well as insight and understanding for industry followers on a variety of topics:
- Winery financial performance from 2013
- Bottle pricing expectations for 2014
- Forecast of consumer demand and sales growth rate for fine wine producers
- Wine inventory positions
- Pricing expectations for bulk juice and grapes
- Anticipated harvest yields
- Planting decisions: plant or import?
- Economic insights
- Vineyard and winery valuations
- M&A and vineyard acquisitions
- Digital trends (CRM, DtC Sales, Social Media, 3 rd party marketers and compliance)