BOSTON, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Insurance today announced the launch of its new consumer website: www.johnhancockinsurance.com.
The new website gives consumers convenient, one-stop access to a wide range of information on life and long-term care insurance products and services and also helps raise consumer awareness about the important role insurance can play in protecting their financial future.
"John Hancock Insurance seeks to empower consumers to feel confident about the future by helping them protect their loved ones, grow their savings, and preserve their wealth," said Michael Doughty, President, John Hancock Insurance. "And this new website not only offers helpful information on the many applications of insurance through various stages of life, but also provides interactive tools and resources to help consumers better understand and determine their insurance needs.""Insurance may be one of the most important purchases consumers will ever make," Mr. Doughty said. Individuals in the U.S. face a serious and growing protection gap—the difference between the levels of insurance they have versus the levels that they really need. According to a 2010 LIMRA study, half of the US population is underinsured, and 70% of the population is at risk if the primary breadwinner dies. To help consumers evaluate their insurance needs, the new website offers a:
- Life expectancy calculator;
- Life insurance needs analysis calculator; and an
- Interactive long-term care cost of care map and calculator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV