With healthful kids meals and children’s nutrition remaining a top culinary trend for the new year, according to a recent report from the National Restaurant Association (NRA), Applebee’s restaurants have announced a completely redesigned kids menu with 10 meals that meet the NRA’s Kids LiveWell nutrition criteria and more than 650 combinations of entrees, sides and beverages.
The new kids menu moves away from “one size fits all” to a two-tiered offering for entrees, with a selection of sides and beverages to complete the meal. With 26 menu items, the new Applebee’s kids menu offers more items than any other national casual dining restaurant, including kid-approved favorites and healthier options.
“Because of today’s busy lifestyle, it can be a struggle for on-the-go families to find options that are healthy and kid-approved,” said Peter Czizek, Applebee’s Vice President of Culinary and Menu Innovation. “With our new kids menu, parents can concentrate on engaging with their family while knowing their growing kids can get a fun, healthy meal at Applebee’s.”
The 10 meals approved by Kids LiveWell are the most among all national casual dining restaurant brands. Of note, French fry orders declined from 73 to 39 percent during a three-month testing period for the new Applebee’s kids menu, and fry selection as a side has decreased 30 percent since the menu was introduced at all Applebee’s restaurants.“Children’s nutrition continues to be a top priority for restaurants,” said Joy Dubost, Ph.D., R.D, Director of Nutrition and Healthy Living for the National Restaurant Association. “We applaud Applebee’s dedication to the Kids LiveWell program and for creating a menu that provides a wide variety of healthful meal choices for their young customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV