Geneva, Switzerland, Jan. 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, announces Teseo III, a single-chip standalone positioning product family capable of receiving signals from multiple satellite navigation systems, including the Chinese BeiDou, the US GPS, European Galileo, Russia's GLONASS and Japan's QZSS.
The new Teseo III product family creates a new state-of-the-art in positioning accuracy by building on the industry-leading performance of ST's Teseo II single-chip satellite-tracking ICs. The new generation also leverages the Company's investment and support for sensor fusion as found in Automotive Dead Reckoning and Assisted-GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) functions.
"By adding the BeiDou satellite-tracking capabilities to existing support for all global systems, the Teseo III delivers greater accuracy and location precision in Asia and throughout the world," said Antonio Radaelli, Director Infotainment Business Unit at STMicroelectronics. "Teseo III allows in-car navigation systems, telematics systems, portable, marine, fitness, and other devices needing to use the best signal from any system to deliver outstanding accuracy across urban, rural and mountainous environments."The Teseo III product family is offered in two series:
- The STA8089 series adds support for the BeiDou constellation to devices that remain pin-to-pin compatible with the Teseo II series, to enable fast customer-application migration.
- The STA8090 series adds a new, more efficient power-management unit, along with support for China's BeiDou satellites.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV