Business cloud software firm Netsuite (N) is another venture capitalist favorite right now. VCs own approximately 294,000 shares of the $7.7 billion firm, good enough to give it fourth billing on our list. That's a $32 million stake at current price levels.
Netsuite sells a cloud-based business management package that includes a bevy of acronyms such as ERP, PSA and CRM. In short, the firm's software handles everything from accounting functions to inventory management to managing customer lists. It's that integrated nature of Netsuite's offerings that appeals to small and medium business clients who are looking for a one-stop shop for their enterprise software.Investors should like the fact that Netsuite earns its revenue though high-margin recurring subscription costs. While customer acquisition remains expensive, retention is dirt-cheap for NetSuite; switching costs are exceptionally high once users are in. While the firm has been spending heavily to pick up new users, profitability should look a lot more impressive once management turns off the "growth" switch. And while the firm did take on some new debt in the last few quarters, its net cash position is actually better than before. Netsuite has been rallying hard since mid-December. With shares holding in the triple-digits, now looks like a solid time to get in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV