PARIS, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), today announced it has been selected by Lazus - telecommunications operator working under the model carrier to carriers in Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica - to deploy 'metro' networks in nine cities in Colombia. The IP/MPLS solution, to be deployed over this year, will deliver high-bandwidth, high-performance mobile backhaul and wholesale metropolitan services for IPTV and Triple Play, business and cloud service providers.
Key facts :
- Lazus will use Alcatel-Lucent's converged IP/MPLS (Internet Protocol/Multi Protocol Label Switching) technology to provide continuous nationwide 2G, 3G and 4G-enabled services for subscribers of their service provider customers in the Colombian cities of Bogota, Barranquilla, Cartagena, Santa Marta, Sincelejo, Monteria, Bucaramanga, Cali and Popayan.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing Lazus with a leading edge IP/MPLS solution including the 7450 Ethernet Service Switch (ESS), 7705 Service Aware Router (SAR) and 7210 Service Access Switch (SAS) as well as advanced network management and network planning tools, and professional services
- As Alcatel-Lucent repositions itself as a specialist in IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access, the Lazus 4G LTE deployments underscore the company's capabilities in advanced networking and access technologies.
Alberto Polifroni, Commercial Vice President, said: "The deployment of Alcatel-Lucent's IP/MPLS solution across Colombia will enable Lazus to remain the leader in our urban markets by offering leading edge services for the newly available 4G LTE as well as continuing to provide high quality support for existing 2G and 3G services along in addition to landline and highway services."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV