- DaVita Survival Rate Leads Kidney Care Industry – In September, the United States Renal Data System released its 2013 Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). The Atlas covers population and treatment data available in 2011; for that year, DaVita had the lowest standard mortality rate in the industry (along with DCI). 1 Through an integrated approach to patient care, DaVita continues to improve survival rates. According to the latest available internal data, gross mortality rate at DaVita fell in 2012 to its lowest level ever at 13.9 percent, a 27 percent decrease since tracking began in 2001. This decrease represents thousands of lives saved over a period of years.
- DaVita Clinical Research ® (DCR ® ) Launches Biorepository – In 2013, DCR announced the commercial availability of its biorepository and completes the collection of blood, serum and plasma samples and accompanying annotated clinical data from more than 4,000 patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD). The vision is to be a resource to drive new innovations and advance the knowledge and practice of kidney care. In 2013, DCR cemented agreements with biopharmaceutical and molecular diagnostic companies seeking to leverage the biorepository.
- DaVita’s Catheter Rates Fall to Historic Lows – DaVita continues to see improvement in its efforts to reduce patient central venous catheter (CVC) rates, a major risk factor for serious infection in kidney patients. In 2008, DaVita established CathAway TM, the company's seven-step program for reducing the number of hemodialysis patients dialyzing with CVCs. Since the inception of the program, DaVita has achieved a 45 percent reduction in the number of "Day 90+" catheter patients (i.e., those patients who have been dialyzing at DaVita for 90 days or more with a CVC in place), and the company is now at an all-time low catheter rate of 13 percent for this patient population as of November 2013. DaVita is among the leaders in the industry in the use of fistulas, the “gold standard” for dialysis access.
- DaVita Patient Vaccination Rates Again Top 90 Percent – Less than a month into flu season, DaVita announced that it had exceeded its goal of vaccinating 90 percent of its dialysis patients for influenza and pneumonia. As of early December 2013, DaVita had vaccinated 91.9 percent of its patients for influenza and 92.7 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccinations are critically important for kidney care patients who are at high risk for complications, helping prevent hospitalizations and even death and supporting quality of life.
- 30,000 DaVita Teammates Participate in Health-Promoting DaVita Vitality Points Program – The Vitality Points program is designed to reward and encourage participants to be accountable for their own health. About 80 percent of DaVita’s health care costs are attributed to preventable risks and lifestyle behaviors. Vitality Points participants become aware of their own health risks and start taking steps to reduce or eliminate them. Historically, the program has been a success: Of the roughly 20,000 teammates who got their Vitality Screenings in consecutive years between 2010 and 2012, 50 percent saw their blood pressure and cholesterol score decline at least a little; 10 percent of those same teammates (2,000 individuals) significantly reduced their health risks related to blood pressure and cholesterol. And while year-over-year results aren’t yet available (expected in March 2014), in 2013 more than 30,000 teammates and 8,000 spouses and domestic partners took action by participating in the program.
DaVita HealthCare Partners Celebrates Milestones Of 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts