Simba Energy Signs Exclusive Letter Of Intent For Farmout Of Block 2A In Kenya
Simba Energy Inc. (TSXV: SMB, Frankfurt: GDA, OTCQX: SMBZF) (“Simba” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed an exclusive letter of intent (the “LOI”) with a private group (the “Group”) based in Calgary, Alberta to farmout up to 40% of Simba’s interest in the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Block 2A, onshore Kenya, for a total commitment of US$8.6 million.
The principal commercial terms of the farmout are highlighted as follows:
- US$2.0 million for cost recovery will be placed in trust immediately upon signing of the definitive agreement. These funds will be released to Simba once the farmout agreement is approved by the Kenya Government. This payment for cost recovery will entitle the Group to a 10% interest in the PSC.
- Simba will be carried through the funding and completion of US$6.6 million in exploration work to include a minimum of 421 line kilometers of 2D seismic that is to be carried out in 2014.
- In total, the Group will earn a 40% interest in Simba’s Kenya PSC upon payment of the US$2.0 million and completion of the US$6.6 million work program.
- Upon completion and interpretation of seismic results both parties mutually agree to either drill a first exploration well with each party responsible for its own share of costs, or; to farm out to other third parties on mutually acceptable terms.
Robert Dinning, CEO of Simba, stated, “This LOI provides a fully funded and accelerated exploration program through to selecting drill targets and allows Simba to recover US$2.0 million in costs upon completion of the definitive agreement and host Government approval. The Company and its shareholders retain significant interest in Block 2A. This block is highly prospective given the exploration work completed to date by the Company and exploration activities underway by neighbouring energy companies, including: Tullow, Africa Oil, Marathon, Afren and Taipan on the adjacent blocks to 2A in the Anza basin. The Anza basin is one of the largest Tertiary-age rift basins in East Africa. We expect the definitive agreement to be signed in Q1 2014 - and for the 2014 work program to begin thereafter.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts