Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Western Union Company (WU) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Western Union Company rose $0.38 (2.2%) to $17.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,767,160 shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,582,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.04-$17.55 after having opened the day at $17.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.06. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: PowerShares DB Base Metals Double Short ETN (BOM), up 7.3%, FBR (FBRC), up 6.9%, Springleaf Holdings (LEAF), up 6.6% and ELEMENTS MLCX Biofuels Index Total Return E (FUE), up 5.9%.
- You can view the full Western Union Company Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV