Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.BB&T (BBT) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, BB&T rose $0.60 (1.6%) to $38.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,009,652 shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,688,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.72-$38.06 after having opened the day at $37.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.43. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: MSB Financial Corporation (MSBF), up 12.6%, Roberts Realty Investors (RPI), up 8.7%, Bank of Ireland (Governor & Co of (IRE), up 8.4% and Vestin Realty Mortgage II (VRTB), up 8.3%.
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BBT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV