The semiconductor developer reported net income of 77 cents a share for the first quarter ended Nov. 28, 2013, well over the 43 cents a share expected by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue of $4.04 billion was 42% higher quarter-on-quarter, 120% higher year-on-year and $320 million more than consensus.
By Tuesday's close, the stock had climbed 5.1% to $21.73. In after-hours trading, it jumped a further 5.7% to $22.96.
TheStreet Ratings team reiterates MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC (MU) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV