Sprint gained 0.1% to $9.87 in after hours trading.
The new plan, called the Spring Framily Plan, cuts the cost of the monthly bill for individual customers when they sign onto the service as a group. The Sprint Framily Plan lets customers sign up with as many as nine friends or family members.
Unlike a traditional family plan, the Framily plan bills each line directly. Monthly plans start at $55 for individual users with unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data usage. For every friend on the same plan the price goes down by $5, with a maximum discount of $30. So with six friends on the plan, each person only pays $25 per month for service.For an extra $20 a month per line customers can upgrade to unlimited data, and be eligible for a phone upgrade every year instead of every two years. Sprint will start offering the Framily Plan on Jan. 10. In a press release Sprint CEO Dan Hesse said the new plan "redefines the way we think of family plans and gives our customers the power to decide who will be a part of their group and gain greater savings as more members are added."
The new plans could potentially help Sprint sign up more customers, or may help make phone plans cheaper for those already on the network. S data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV