Do the Arbs Like the MW/JOSB Deal?
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
Men's Wearhouse (MW) has an all cash offer on the table to buy Jos. A Bank Clothiers (JOSB) $57.50 per share. The stock is trading over $56, implying the market likes the deal price.
There are some smart arb trades out there against this deal. One that I like, in particular, is the Feb 55/50 put spread at near $1.00 per contract. With the deal assumed to get done, that is a lot of premium to collect over 40+ days. If the deal gets sweetened, trades could be out earlier. We have to do it as a spread because if it falls apart JOSB will get slammed. An alternative to this trade is to make a bet that the deal price goes higher and buy the Jan/Feb 60 call spread for around $0.125.
Trades: Sell to open JOSB Feb 55 puts at $1.25 buy to open JOSB Feb 50 puts for $0.30.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Mark can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionPit
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV