Perilous Reversal Stock: XPO Logistics (XPO)
- XPO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.0 million.
- XPO has traded 425,597 shares today.
- XPO is down 3.3% today.
- XPO was up 8.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XPO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XPO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XPO: XPO Logistics, Inc. provides transportation and logistics services in the United States. Its Freight Brokerage segment arranges truckload, less-than-truckload, and intermodal rail freight transportation; and offers related logistics and supply-chain services. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate XPO Logistics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for XPO Logistics has been 420,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. XPO Logistics has a market cap of $855.6 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.27 and a short float of 32.4% with 9.56 days to cover. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates XPO Logistics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- XPO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 173.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- XPO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, XPO has a quick ratio of 2.28, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 91.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.15 million to -$6.03 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, XPO LOGISTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full XPO Logistics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.