NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Security and data breaches have become popular headlines in the past month or so. TheStreet's Jonathan Marino is with Scott Vernick, head of law firm Fox Rothschild, to discuss the matter in further detail.
In December, it was revealed that Target (TGT) had its security breached, when cyber hackers stole information from 40 million credit cards users.
More recently, millionS of Snapchat users had their phone numbers stolen when its security was also breached.
Vernick said his firm's new app allows in-house lawyers and executives to quickly analyze a breaching situation if it happens to them, almost immediately afterwards.
It allows them to see what might be at risk, so they're more properly able to adjust to the situation, he said.
Regarding the recent deal of FireEye (FEYE) purchasing Mandiant for $1.17 billion, Vernick says he expects M&A activity in the space to continue.
No matter how active companies are in trying to defend against cyber hackers, it remains very difficult to keep them at bay, Vernick concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV