NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After starting off 2014 with a three-day losing streak, investors are trying to snap the drought. Currently, all three major U.S. indices are solidly in the green. Possibly helping is a decent trading session overseas in Europe.
However, TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg suggested that investors should be cautious, because a couple of Federal Reserve officials are scheduled to address the public today.
Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren is scheduled to discuss the economic outlook, while San Francisco Fed President John Williams is scheduled to speak about the economy and monetary policy at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Janet Yellen was confirmed as the new head of the Federal Reserve on Monday evening, Greenberg noted.
Turning to individual stocks, Convergys
(CVG) is higher by roughly 7%, on news that it will acquire Stream Global Services for $820 million.
He added that Splunk (SPLK) is up nearly 6% on an upgrade from UBS. The investment bank also upgraded shares of WorkDay (WDAY) to buy from neutral with a $100 price target. WorkDay shares are higher by roughly 4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV