What To Hold: 5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks ACC, NLY, PDM, LINE, PM
Piedmont Office Realty (NYSE: PDM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.90%. Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. engages in the acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate properties in the United States. Its property portfolio primarily consists of office and industrial buildings, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.56. The average volume for Piedmont Office Realty has been 1,065,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Piedmont Office Realty has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Piedmont Office Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 76.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.83 million to $19.10 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $79.99 million or 8.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 8.55%.
- PDM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.73% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The gross profit margin for PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 24.41%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.21% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Piedmont Office Realty Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV