Beginning today at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), leading security provider ADT® (NYSE:ADT) will showcase new features in its ADT Pulse™ home security and automation portfolio, and will announce strategic partnerships that advance levels of security and control across both physical and digital environments. The ADT booth is located in South Hall, booth #20231.
“As a pioneer in the home security and automation space, ADT is focused on evolving the security industry by developing new ways for consumers to integrate our products seamlessly into their everyday lives,” said Arthur Orduña, senior vice president and chief innovation officer for ADT. “This is an important strategic shift for ADT, as we are no longer solely protecting a home or business, we’re now protecting people and their digital assets.”
Enhancements to ADT Pulse – the brand’s premiere home automation system – include the introduction of a hands-free voice application that adds pivotal convenience and control for users; a sleek wireless control panel with a touch-friendly user interface; and new features that offer users the ability to control garage doors, ceiling fans and large appliances remotely via the ADT Pulse smartphone app.
NEW 2014 ADT® PRODUCTS AND FEATURES
- ADT Pulse™ Voice App: ADT Pulse Voice app offers the hands-free convenience of using voice commands to control nearly all areas of the home in the Pulse ecosystem, including lights, thermostats, door locks, small appliances and security systems. ADT Pulse Voice also responds to user’s vocal commands and provides auditory feedback on system status and confirmation of actions.
- ADT Pulse™ Wireless Platform: The ADT Pulse Wireless Platform features an innovative and sleek design with an intuitive, touch-friendly user interface. The wireless control panel securely and safely manages all ADT Pulse controlled devices such as lights, thermostats, locks, and small appliances. Created with the user in mind, the ADT Pulse Wireless Platform is designed to deliver a non-invasive and seamless installation experience for homeowners, reducing installation time by half and avoiding any in-wall wiring.
- ADT Pulse™ Remote Garage Door Control: To help ensure security and control at all access points of the home, ADT Pulse will feature remote garage door controls by incorporating leading technology developed by Linear LLC. This new feature will enable users to secure and control their garage door via the ADT Pulse smartphone app from around the corner or around the world.
- Canopy™ App: Building on the trusted expertise of ADT home security services, the Canopy™ mobile application for iOS and Android provides users added personal protection and networking while on-the-go. Canopy enables users to identify the whereabouts of and communicate with friends and family members in a designated virtual circle. Additionally, the integrated ADT Chaperone feature provides a direct line to trusted ADT monitoring centers anytime and anywhere. ADT Chaperone is a subscription-based feature within the Canopy app that provides added protection and peace of mind in situations such as entering a dark parking garage or walking alone across campus at night.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV