Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: VisionChina Media (VISN)
- VISN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.6 million.
- VISN has traded 4,501 shares today.
- VISN is up 4.3% today.
- VISN was down 12% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VISN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VISN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VISN: VisionChina Media Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides advertising services in the People's Republic of China. It operates out-of-home advertising network using real-time mobile digital television broadcasts to deliver content and advertising on mass transportation systems. Currently there are no analysts that rate VisionChina Media a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for VisionChina Media has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. VisionChina Media has a market cap of $116.5 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 15% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates VisionChina Media as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.78%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VISN's net profit margin of -12.98% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.68, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Media industry. Despite the fact that VISN's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.69 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC reported poor results of -$48.65 versus -$2.40 in the prior year.
- VISN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full VisionChina Media Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.