Enzo Biochem, Inc. (NYSE:ENZ) (“Enzo”, “the Company”) today issued an update on its ongoing litigation surrounding the protection of its intellectual property and contractual rights. Two of the cases, in which Enzo is the Plaintiff, are scheduled for jury trials. Both cases will be tried in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in New York City.
- In the case of Enzo Biochem v. PerkinElmer, 03-cv-03817, the Court has scheduled a jury trial to begin March 18, 2014.
- In the case of Enzo Life Sciences v. Affymetrix, 04-cv-01555, a jury trial has been scheduled for May 5, 2014.
Enzo sued PerkinElmer for, among other things, breach of contract and patent infringement, claiming that the company was subject to an agreement to distribute Enzo’s patented nucleotide labeling technologies for research purposes, but then distributed the technologies for clinical use without Enzo’s authorization. Enzo sued Affymetrix for, among other things, breaching their distribution agreement by misappropriating Enzo technologies and manufacturing and selling Enzo products in violation of the terms of the agreement.
In a recent ruling, another Federal Court, the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, awarded Enzo over $61.0 million in damages and interest in connection with Enzo’s patent infringement lawsuit against Applera Corp., now Life Technologies, Inc.
About Enzo BiochemEnzo Biochem is a pioneer in molecular diagnostics, leading the convergence of clinical laboratories, life sciences and therapeutics through the development of unique diagnostic platform technologies that provide numerous advantages over previous standards. A global company, Enzo Biochem utilizes cross-functional teams to develop and deploy products systems and services that meet the ever-changing and rapidly growing needs of health care both today and into the future. Underpinning Enzo Biochem’s products and technologies is a broad and deep intellectual property portfolio, with patent coverage across a number of key enabling technologies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV