TechCrunch today announced 15 finalists for the first-ever Hardware Battlefield, debuting at International CES 2014 in Las Vegas. Hopeful founders began submitting their secret hardware companies last fall for the opportunity to launch at consumer electronics’ biggest event.
Modeled after TechCrunch’s popular Startup Battlefield, the Hardware Battlefield gathers emerging hardware companies to demo on a worldwide stage. Competitors have mere minutes to pitch the judge’s panel all for a shot at a $50,000 prize, brand new Hardware Battlefield trophy and exposure at CES and online to a global audience.
The Hardware Battlefield stage is open to all and there is no need for a conference badge to enter, attend the Battlefield events, or simply look on to see who nabs TechCrunch’s honors as the best hardware product. At-home viewers can watch the event live on TechCrunch.com. The winner will be announced at the TechCrunch stage during a closing ceremony at 4:45 p.m. local time on Thursday afternoon, January 9.
"Hardware is the future and these hardware startups are some of the most exciting products I've ever seen," says John Biggs, East Coast editor of TechCrunch. "We're proud to bring these amazing companies from almost a dozen countries to our Battlefield stage."The list of Hardware Battlefield finalists for 2013 includes:
- Atlas Wearables
- Sentry Scientific
- The Eye Tribe
- The Pocket Drone
- Yves Behar, founder & CEO, fuseproject
- Ayah Bdeir, creator, LittleBits
- Brady Forrest, Highway 1
- Bre Pettis, CEO and co-founder, MakerBot
- Slava Rubin, Indiegogo
- Martha Stewart, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- Much launch product or crowdfunding campaign before January 7, 2014
- Must be a single proprietor or small company
- Cannot be a feature update to an existing product
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts