NYSE Euronext today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for December 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 5.9 million contracts, excluding Bclear in December 2013 decreased 7.6% compared to December 2012 and decreased 10.8% from November 2013. U.S. equity options volumes in December 2013 decreased 13.2% compared to December 2012 and decreased 9.9% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 8.7% year-over-year but increased 0.9% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in December 2013 increased 13.6% compared to December 2012, but decreased 9.3% from November 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in December 2013 of 5.9 million contracts, excluding Bclear decreased 7.6% from December 2012 and decreased 10.8% from November 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in December 2013 of 2.4 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 1.5% compared to December 2012 but decreased 13.3% from November 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 11.3% compared to December 2012, and decreased 3.9% from November 2013. Total MSCI World Index yearly volumes were up 31% to 337,000 lots, with open interest of over 110,000 lots, up 245% from December 2012.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.4 million contracts in December 2013 decreased 13.2% compared to December 2012 levels and decreased 9.9% from November 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 24.5% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in December 2013, down from 27.2% in December 2012, and down from 26.0% in November 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 65,300 contracts decreased from 72,600 contracts in December 2012 but increased from 32,300 contracts in November 2013. 2013 ADV vs. 2012 ADV for MSCI futures is up 71%. OI for year end 2013 vs. year end 2012 is up 48%.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.2 million transactions in December 2013 increased 13.6% compared to December 2012, but decreased 9.3% compared to November 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.4 billion shares in December 2013 decreased 8.7% compared to December 2012 but increased 0.9% compared to November 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in December 2013 was 31.0%, down from 31.9% in December 2012, but up from 29.5% in November 2013.
- The preliminary average net revenue per transaction type (as defined below) for each of the primary trading venues in the fourth quarter of 2013 is included below:
|Trading Venue||Q4 2013||Q3 2013||Q4 2012|
|European Derivatives (ex Bclear) 1||$0.664||$0.622||$0.673|
|U.S. Options 2||$0.170||$0.165||$0.144|
|U.S. Cash 3||$0.049||$0.049||$0.040|
|EU Cash 4||$0.610||$0.543||$0.583|
Average net revenue per contract, excluding Bclear.
Average net revenue per contract.
Average net revenue per 100 shares handled.
Average net revenue per transaction.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
About IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc.IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE) is the leading network of regulated exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets. ICE delivers transparent, reliable and accessible data, technology and risk management services to markets around the world through its portfolio of exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, ICE Futures, Liffe and Euronext.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV