SCOTT DEPOT, W.Va., Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE:ACI) today announced that Charles G. Snavely has elected to retire as president of the company's eastern U.S. operations, following an exceptional 35-year career in the coal industry.
"Charles has made a significant contribution to Arch since joining the company at the time of the ICG acquisition," said Kenneth D. Cochran, Arch's senior vice president of operations. "He has distinguished himself as a leader, colleague and friend, and we wish him well as he transitions into a new chapter in his life."
Upon joining Arch in 2011, Snavely helped lead the company's integration of ICG. He will continue serving Arch in a consultancy role on critical projects that fall outside the scope of the day-to-day operations through 2014.Gary L. Bennett will succeed Snavely as president of eastern operations. Bennett will have responsibility for all aspects of Arch's eastern subsidiary operations as well as the eastern engineering group. "Gary has been a key member of Arch's management team for many years, and is very well-prepared for this important role," said Cochran. "He brings a proven track record in the areas of safety excellence, environmental stewardship, cost control, operations management, and continuous improvement, and we look forward to further progress in all these areas under Gary's leadership." Bennett joined Arch as a senior engineer in 1990. During his 23-year tenure with Arch and 33 years in the coal industry, he has held various engineering and operating positions in West Virginia and St. Louis. He most recently served as vice president of operations support. Bennett is a 1980 graduate of West Virginia University Institute of Technology with a bachelor's of science degree in mining engineering. Both Bennett and Snavely will report to Cochran.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV