GULFPORT, Miss., Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hancock Holding Company (Nasdaq: HBHC) announced today the launch of the Hancock Horizon U.S. Small Cap Fund as a new addition to the company's growing $2 billion family of mutual funds. The fund offers investors exposure to a diverse portfolio of small cap stocks and is managed by the same team that oversees the 5-star Morningstar-rated Burkenroad Small Cap Fund.
"Diversification has always been an important component of all investment portfolios, and our new small cap fund will build on the principles we've used to create and manage the Burkenroad Small Cap Fund while offering exposure to growing companies across the country," said Hancock Horizon Fund Manager David Lundgren, CFA. "Small cap stocks have great potential, and we see them as an important element of a well-diversified portfolio."
The new fund will invest in small companies that are positioned to be successful in their respective industries and market sectors, which include energy, industrials, information technology, healthcare, consumer-focused, and others. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said their goal is to create another successful fund modeled after similar funds the financial team has established over the last 13 years.HHF Manager Greg Hodlewsky, CFA, says the strategy the team is using to manage the U.S. Small Cap Fund has been in place for several years for select clients as separately managed accounts. "We're not starting from scratch with this new fund," Hodlewsky said. "We've been managing similar small cap portfolios for many of our affluent clients for a very long time. Now all of our clients will have access to a diverse small cap offering that lets investors get in with companies on the ground floor that may become the next Intel or Apple – all start off as small companies."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV