NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In Part One of our look inside the Music Genome Project (MGP), Pandora's (P) VP/Playlists and Chief Scientist Eric Bieschke explained how Pandora personalizes the listening experience for each user.
He scratched the surface on some basics and discussed how Pandora's music analysts as well as MGP algorithms consider the musicological attributes of songs on a track-by-track basis. He dug deeper into the subject detailing how the MGP facilitates music discovery.
We left off the last discussion talking about the band Bronze Radio Return. Refer to June 2013's A View on Pandora From Indie Rock for the story of how the inclusion of Bronze Radio Return on Mumford and Sons Radio increased BRR's popularity.
That naturally led to the question of how does an indie or unknown act wind up on a popular station such as Mumford and Sons Radio. The conversation turns toward music psychology and, more generally speaking, how what plays on Pandora gains traction:In the next video (on Page Two), we get into Bieschke's history as the second employee ever (after the founders) at Savage Beast Technologies, the startup that would become Pandora. From there, Bieschke's opens his "way back machine" and chronicles the history of Pandora from the early days to now. He also digs into the importance of Apple (AAPL) featuring Pandora on the first iPhone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV