It's been a good year to own shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals REGN; in the last 12 months, the biopharma stock has rallied around 50%. But after a big move higher this past year, shares of REGN are starting to roll over. And it doesn't take an expert technical analyst to see why.
That's because shares of Regeneron are currently forming a downtrending channel, a price setup that's formed by a pair of parallel trendlines bounding REGN's share price movement. When it comes to price channels, it's about as simple as it gets: Up is good, and down is bad. So now, as Regeneron bounces off of trendline resistance, shares look ready for another leg lower.The underperformance in REGN is compounded by horrible relative strength at the bottom of the chart. That relative strength line is a particularly important indicator to keep an eye on now, and more underperformance in REGN looks even more likely as a result.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV