It started on Saturday when I published More Pathetic Pictures From a Dying Sears here at TheStreet.
Before you (not you!) lose it and accuse me of having no journalistic integrity for posting more pictures from Sears, read my response to the weekend's Twitter activity and all it entailed: Sears: A National Tragedy.That article provides context -- as in the two-plus years of riffing I have done on the sorry state of retail. I'll be here when the cats taking shots at me and my employer are long gone. So are the pictures we (me, Sozzi, readers, Sears itself) take representative of all Sears stores? No, they're not. But do they help add color to part of the story? Absolutely. And, let's face it, people -- investors and otherwise -- like looking at pictures. Why do you think the article from the weekend did several million page views on a weekend and my image-free response on a Monday, during market hours, generated a fraction of that? In other words, don't shoot the messenger. Buy a mirror. (NOT you!). For me, some of the pathetic pictures -- though, for the record, I was the one who took and posted images of a relatively tidy Sears Santa Monica -- underscore the larger, more conceptual notion that physical retail, by and large, operates in a state of disarray. I am working on an article or three that further fleshes out the line of thought. A line of thought I have been working for the past 24-36 months or so ... long before I posted Saturday's article and watched it, much to my surprise, go viral. So, anyway, on to what your really came for ... the pictures, starting on Page Two.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV