The Canadian smartphone manufacturer had been struggling to realize profits from its BlackBerry smartphones. During the third quarter, BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) (BB) sold 4.3 million smartphones including only 1.1 million million Blackberry 10 units. A majority of the units sold were BlackBerry 7, which shows that its new platform failed to retain and attract new customers.
BlackBerry needs a good salesman
Given the poor performance of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) (BB) particularly in selling its BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the company badly needs well-experienced salesman to head its Devices & Emerging Solutions unit to implement effective strategies to boost its sales.Louks previously served as chief executive officer of OpenNMS Group, a company engaged in managing telecom and enterprise networks worldwide. Prior to leading Open NMS Group, he also served in different senior positions in the technology industry such as chief strategy officer of HTC America Inc and chief technology officer of Sony Ericsson.
BlackBerry’s long-term product road mapChen is confident that Louks will be able to help BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) (BB) turn around its current situation. "I am pleased to add another outstanding addition to BlackBerry's executive leadership team with the announcement of Ron today. I am confident that Ron will bring the skills and expertise that will make an immediate impact to BlackBerry and to our customers around the world," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV