SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), today announced it has acquired Morta Security, a Silicon Valley-based cybersecurity company operating in stealth mode since 2012. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
The acquisition of Morta Security further cements Palo Alto Networks as the leading provider of next-generation enterprise security. Palo Alto Networks offerings uniquely provide enterprises the ability to safely enable applications and rapidly detect and prevent threats, especially those that use an increasingly sophisticated array of tactics to compromise networks and gain access to valuable intellectual property.
Morta Security brings to Palo Alto Networks a team experienced at protecting national infrastructure as well as technologies that enhance the proven detection and prevention capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks WildFire™ offering, which is already used by more than 2,400 customers.QUOTES
- "The Morta team brings additional valuable threat intelligence experience and capabilities to Palo Alto Networks," said Mark McLaughlin, President and CEO of Palo Alto Networks. "The company's technology developments align well with our highly integrated, automated and scalable platform approach and their contributions will translate into additive threat detection and prevention benefits for our customers."
- "Palo Alto Networks has a successful history of disrupting the network security landscape with its unique offerings," said Raj Shah, CEO of Morta Security. "The Morta team is excited to work with the clear leaders in this space and we look forward to joining the company and contributing to future highly innovative technology leadership."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts