Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Workday (WDAY) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Workday as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WDAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.1 million.
- WDAY has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- WDAY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WDAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WDAY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on WDAY: Workday, Inc. provides enterprise cloud-based applications for enterprises in the United States and internationally. It offers applications for customers to manage critical business functions that enable them to optimize their financial and human capital resources. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Workday a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.The average volume for Workday has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Workday has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Workday as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 15.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$41.31 million to -$47.53 million.
- WORKDAY INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.4% in earnings (-$0.56 versus -$0.45).
- WDAY's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.78 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.79 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, WORKDAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for WORKDAY INC is rather high; currently it is at 69.32%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -37.17% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Workday Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about WDAY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV