It’s not too late, but time is running out.
Applications for the 2013-2014 Edison Scholars Program, which offers $1.2 million in scholarships to high school seniors planning to study a science, technology, engineering or math ( STEM) curriculum in college, are due Jan. 10. Thirty scholarships valued at $40,000 each, and paid over four years, will be awarded to Southern California high school seniors who either live in or attend public or private high schools in Southern California Edison’s (SCE) service area.
Applicants must have a 2.8 GPA or better. Students from low-income families are especially encouraged to apply.
Since 2006, Edison International has awarded nearly $4 million in scholarships to 460 Edison Scholars.To apply and to get additional eligibility information, students are encouraged to go to: www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST, Jan. 10. Scholarship recipients will be announced in April and recipients may also be eligible for summer internships at SCE after completing their second year of college. Dependents of Edison International employees are not eligible for the Edison Scholars Program. For more information about SCE, follow us on Twitter and Facebook . About Southern California Edison An Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, serving a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV