Apollo Education Group
My first earnings short-squeeze play is private education provider Apollo Education Group (APOL), which is set to release numbers on Tuesday after the market close. Wall Street analysts, on average, expect Apollo Education Group to report revenue of $860.58 million on earnings of 90 cents per share.
The current short interest as a percentage of the float Apollo Education Group is pretty high at 12.2%. That means that out of the 100.24 million shares in the tradable float, 12.08 million shares are sold short by the bears. If the bulls get the earnings news they're looking for, then shares of APOL could easily explode higher post-earnings as the bears rush to cover some of their short positions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV