NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- How will stocks fare this year, TheStreet's Jim Cramer was asked via Twitter?
In responde Cramer pointed to his Real Money article predicting equities could return as much as 14% to 16% this year.
That doesn't mean stocks will do that well, he continued. Cramer wasn't surprised by the weakness in the first few trading days of January given that many investors were likely taking profits after the year-end spike in stock prices.
Cramer thinks investors are now waiting for Friday's nonfarm payrolls report for a buying opportunity.
Asked about Twitter (TWTR), Cramer called it a "love stock" and said he cannot come up with a valuation for it. He said he's "proud" of analysts for not making up reasons to buy the stock near these levels because there are none.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV