Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.90%. Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Illinois, Texas, Pennsylvania, California, Kansas, and Missouri. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.20. The average volume for Consolidated Communications has been 183,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Consolidated Communications has a market cap of $788.2 million and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Consolidated Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 1311.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.97 million to $11.69 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, CONSOLIDATED COMM HLDGS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 176.14% to $56.39 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CONSOLIDATED COMM HLDGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.59%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- CONSOLIDATED COMM HLDGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONSOLIDATED COMM HLDGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.13 versus $0.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.13).
- You can view the full Consolidated Communications Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts