Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Against a backdrop of continued market volatility, investor uncertainty and risk-managed solutions, Invesco is introducing new liquid alternative open-end mutual funds, expanding the firm's diverse range of alternative offerings covering a variety of investing styles.
Leveraging its global investment management capabilities, deep-rooted and experienced investment teams and 30-year history of alternative investing, Invesco is introducing:
- Invesco Global Targeted Returns Fund
- Invesco All Cap Market Neutral Fund
- Invesco Global Market Neutral Fund
- Invesco Long/Short Equity Fund
- Invesco Macro Long/Short Fund
- Invesco Macro International Equity Fund
"These new funds represent the next phase in our rich history of alternative asset management, covering retail investors, pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and institutions," said
, Head of Product Development & Investment Measurement/Risk. "Our alternative product suite is managed by seven seasoned teams encompassing more than 200 investment professionals across
Invesco manages more than
* in alternatives across such major asset classes as commodities, risk parity, bank loans, real estate and private equity. These products span open- and closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), unit trusts, institutional trusts, separate accounts and private placements. Invesco ranked as the seventh largest manager of alternative assets in Pension & Investments' 2012 Money Managers Rankings based on tax-exempt institutional assets.
Invesco offers a breadth of investment capabilities that seek to mitigate risk by addressing it as an organic, ever changing element of investing. Its growing suite of existing liquid alternative funds and those in SEC registration can be used by advisors and investors interested in:
- Macro strategies that incorporate views on global economic trends into investment strategies that seek to provide equity-like returns with lower volatility by investing across different asset classes (e.g., Invesco Global Targeted Returns Fund).
- Relative value strategies that seek to provide positive returns above cash, regardless of market environment, and with potentially lower volatility than the broad market (e.g., Invesco All Cap Market Neutral Fund and Invesco Global Market Neutral Fund).
- Directional strategies that complement other products with similar equity risk to help dampen volatility (e.g., Invesco Long/Short Equity Fund, Invesco Macro Long/Short Equity Fund and Invesco Macro International Equity Fund).
- Inflation hedging strategies that can be used to hedge against excessive moves in interest rates triggered by economic factors.
- Diversified alternatives that offer exposure to a number of alternative asset classes in a single investment. (e.g. Invesco Alternative Strategies Fund - in registration)
"We offer multiple liquid alternative strategies that can help advisors build the foundation for an intentional portfolio to meet their asset allocation needs," said
, Head of U.S. Retail Distribution and Global ETFs. "We've found that advisors are seeking to meet their allocation needs using a combination of active and passive strategies through multiple vehicles. We believe accessing alternatives through our mutual funds and ETFs provides investors with enhanced transparency, daily liquidity, frequent reporting, and familiar benchmarks.
"Just as we strive to create intelligently designed and well-managed products, we are committed to providing cutting edge support through client education and compelling thought leadership through our Risk Institute, providing advisors access to Invesco's leaders in alternative strategies and risk management concepts."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts