Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) has helped registered taxi companies in the Netherlands to quickly comply with new regulation and improve the quality of their services in large cities. By using Progress® Rollbase™, part of the Progress® Pacific™ application development platform, Brixxs, a Dutch systems integrator and technology vendor, has developed and updated applications that have allowed taxi companies known as ATOs (Allowed Taxi Organizations) to comply with strict new regulations introduced by the Dutch government, within three days of them coming into effect.
Aimed at applying stricter regulation for taxi drivers and companies, the new legislation was introduced in July to improve customer service in large Dutch cities. The Progress Rollbase product was selected by Brixxs because it allowed it to rapidly develop applications in line with these new laws and ensure that ATOs were fully compliant with all aspects of the new legislation as quickly as possible.
As part of its work on the ATO applications, Brixxs was able to use components from its existing Rollbase private cloud platform. Brixxs was also able to save considerable time and money for all relevant ATO organizations by updating all standard ATO applications and providing an easy way to centrally release updates.
Executive Quotes:“Change, both inside and outside of the company walls, has become a structural part of business today, whether it’s as a result of new laws and regulations or other changes in the business world,” explains Freddy Jaarsma, director of Brixxs. “Increasingly, the biggest challenge modern businesses face is that these changes have to take place faster and faster. This means the solutions you use should also be able to deal with change. The advantage of the Progress Rollbase platform is that it has the speed, accessibility and flexibility required to develop applications as and when circumstances dictate.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV