LP Building Products announces the release of LP ® Solutions™ 5.0, an update to the affordable, whole-house CAD-based design program available to LP ® SolidStart ® Engineered Wood Products customers. New features include custom labeling, smart modeling, a new closure application for rim board, a tributary area and rim board feature, as well as automatically added squash blocks.
“LP Building Products is excited to start 2014 on a high note for our customers with the release of our latest LP Solutions offering,” said Kim Rogers, engineered wood product manager. “We’ve added several new features to make designing even easier, and the program now includes a 64-bit installation as well as our recently launched LP ® SolidStart ® LPI 450 and 530 I-Joists.”
LP Solutions 5.0 features:
- Custom labeling gives the user greater control over member labels. Not only does each member type now have its own tab for customization of all aspects, but each member label can now be individually changed by the user.
- With the new Smart Modeling, the software continuously checks for support in the background as users add objects to the model to provide instant feedback for unsupported objects.
- The new Closure Application allows for rim board to be cantilevered.
- Thanks to Tributary Area and Rim Board, rim board now gets tributary loading, meaning starter joists pick up their fair share of the loading, preventing the over designing of adjacent joists.
- Squash Blocks are now automatically added to the layout when Run Checking determines they are needed, appearing in both the 2D and 3D views of the model and as a note on the member design report.
LP Solutions 5.0 Software is backed by training and technical support as well as access to the LP Solutions blog, tutorials and additional information. To learn more, visit LPCorp.com/Solutions. For questions or a live software demonstration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.About LP Building Products Louisiana-Pacific Corporation is a leading manufacturer of quality engineered wood building materials including OSB, structural framing products, and exterior siding for use in residential, industrial and light commercial construction. From manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Chile and Brazil, LP products are sold to builders and homeowners through building materials distributors and dealers and retail home centers. Founded in 1973, LP is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under LPX. For more information, visit www.lpcorp.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts