Last up is Beam (BEAM), the Illinois-based spirits maker thats best-known for its namesake Jim Beam brand. The firms other labels include Makers Mark bourbon, Canadian Club whiskey, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle Vodka and Cruzan rum. As more drinkers around the world become connoisseurs, Beam stands to benefit in a big way.
Nowhere is that more true than with Beam's core bourbon business. Beam owns some of the most storied names in bourbon, and they're growing their exposure to high-end "small batch" spirits with a collection of four new premium labels. As bourbon drinkers become willing to spend more on unique bottles, Beam's margins should continue to expand. Better still, the firm shows promise in extending that high-margin "small batch" model to its other liquor brands.
From a financial standpoint, Beam has done a good job of getting over the hangover after its split-off from Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) in 2011. Debt has basically halved in the last few years, and Beam's cash levels remain decent. As the firm parlays its cash generation into more debt reduction and dividend payouts, expect the share price to make up for lost time in 2014.To see all of this weeks Rocket Stocks in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV