BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The new year's first full week of trading kicks off this morning, ushering in 2014 in earnest after the best broad market rally in 16 years.
Can Mr. Market pull it off again? Probably not.
Are we likely to see a big drop in stocks in 2014? Probably not.That's not just me saying so; the precedent's already long been set for consecutive big gain years. The S&P 500 has managed to turn out investment gains greater than 20% in 11 of the years since 1975. On average, during the year that followed that mammoth gain, the big index tacked another 12.8% onto its winnings. >>5 High-Yield Stocks Ready to Pay You More in 2014 So, while another 29% year for the S&P looks a little unlikely, not getting another double-digit gain of some degree this year would be a break from the norm. That's why we're taking a look at five new Rocket Stocks worth buying this week. For the uninitiated, Rocket Stocks are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 230 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 84.83%. >>5 Ways You Can Trade Like a Hedge Fund in 2014 Without further ado, heres a look at this weeks Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV