NEW YORK, Jan. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NYSE:IEP) announced today that it, together with Icahn Enterprises Finance Corp. (together, the "Issuers"), intends to commence an offering of its 6.000% Senior Notes due 2020 (the "2020 Notes"), new Senior Notes due 2017 (the "2017 Notes") and new Senior Notes due 2019 (the "2019 Notes" and together with the 2017 Notes and the 2020 Notes, the "Notes") for issuance in a private placement not registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The 2020 Notes will be issued under the indenture dated as of August 1, 2013 by and among the Issuers, Icahn Enterprises Holdings L.P., as guarantor, and Wilmington Trust, National Association, as trustee. The 2017 Notes and the 2019 Notes will be issued under an indenture to be dated the issue date of the Notes. The proceeds from the offering will be used to refinance the Issuers' outstanding 7.750% Senior Notes due 2016 (CUSIP Nos. 451102 AC1, U44927 AA6 and 451102 AD9) (the "2016 Notes") and outstanding 8.000% Senior Notes due 2018 (CUSIP Nos. 451102 AM9 and 451102 AH0) (the "2018 Notes"). There can be no assurance that the issuance and sale of any debt securities or the refinancing of the 2016 Notes and the 2018 Notes will be consummated.
This press release is being issued pursuant to and in accordance with Rule 135c under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the debt securities. Any debt securities may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NYSE:IEP), a master limited partnership, is a diversified holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in the following operating businesses: Investment, Automotive, Energy, Gaming, Railcar, Food Packaging, Metals, Real Estate and Home Fashion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV