- Preliminary positive safety results received from a Phase I study with RHB-104 in 84 healthy adult subjects
- Additional PK studies with RHB-104 are planned, including long-term population PK and drug-drug interaction studies, to support potential future marketing applications
TEL-AVIV, Israel, Jan. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE: RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage, proprietary formulations and combinations of existing drugs, today reported preliminary positive results from a Phase I study with RHB-104, a proprietary combination antibiotic oral capsule formulation for the treatment of Crohn's disease, currently undergoing a Phase III study in the U.S., with additional clinical sites planned in Canada and Israel (the MAP US study).
The single dose two-way crossover comparative Phase I study included 84 healthy male and female subjects ages 18-45 and was designed to evaluate the effect of co-administration of food on the pharmacokinetics of the constituent components of RHB-104 and two metabolites. The secondary objective of this study was to assess the safety and tolerability of RHB-104 under fed and fasting conditions.
Preliminary pharmacokinetic (of the first 28 subjects) and safety (of all 84 subjects) data have been evaluated. A food effect was demonstrated with the administration of RHB-104, suggesting higher bioavailability with food. There were no serious adverse events reported, and overall safety between fed and fasted subjects was comparable. This preliminary data supports the RHB-104 MAP US Phase III study for Crohn's disease currently underway in the U.S. and the Phase IIa proof of concept study for multiple sclerosis currently underway in Israel. RHB-104 is administered with food in these two studies.The preliminary results of the Phase I study, including the pharmacokinetics, bioavailability and safety of RHB-104, are subject to further analysis and final quality control. An independent clinical study report is expected in the coming weeks from the clinical research organization (CRO) which conducted the study.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV