ALGIERS, Algeria, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE:BA) and Air Algerie today announced a commitment for eight Next-Generation 737-800 airplanes. When finalized, the order will be worth $724 million at list prices and will be posted to the Boeing Orders & Deliveries website. Today's announcement represents a key part of the airline's continued fleet renewal and expansion.
"The 737-800 continues to be the backbone of Air Algerie's fleet. So far, we are pleased with these aircraft, and anticipate receiving all eight of these new units before the end of 2016," said Mohamed Salah Boultif, chief executive officer of Air Algerie.
The 737-800 is one of the best-selling versions of the highly successful Next-Generation 737 family, the most technologically advanced single-aisle airplane family. The Next-Generation 737's market success has been confirmed by investors who consistently rank it as the most preferred single-aisle airplane due to its wide market base, superior efficiency and lowest operating costs in its class. To date, more than 4,500 737-800s have been ordered by the world's leading airlines.
"Air Algerie has been a major player in North African aviation for more than 50 years and has already experienced the enhanced performance and improved economics of the 737-800," said Van Rex Gallard, vice president of Sales for Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "Today's commitment for additional 737-800s underlines Air Algerie's position as a leading carrier committed to providing its passengers with a wide choice of destinations and exceptional in-flight comfort."Today's Air Algerie's commitment for 737-800s will all feature the Boeing Sky Interior, the 787 Dreamliner inspired cabin. On board, passengers will enjoy a greater sense of spaciousness with decorative sculpted sidewalls, larger window reveals, LED mood lighting and larger pivot overhead stowage bins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV