By Verena Dobnik
NEW YORK -- A plane from Toronto slid into snow as it turned onto a taxiway after landing at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday, leading the airport to temporarily suspend flights from taking off and landing because of icy runways.
No injuries were reported after Delta Connection 4100 landed shortly after 8 a.m., Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said. The CRJ2 aircraft was turning off the runway onto a taxiway when it slid into the snow, she said.
The plane was then towed to a gate with passengers on board, she said.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the airport, said 35 people were aboard the plane.The airport suspended operations for domestic and international flights for about two hours because of slick runways, leaving passengers at crowded gates. Flights resumed after 10 a.m. on two of the airport's four runways, but residual delays for passengers were expected. The landing came two days after a major snowstorm dumped a half foot of snow in New York City, forcing the cancellation of hundreds of flights and stranding passengers both in the city and throughout the world who were heading to New York. Passengers from canceled flights continued to fill the few remaining seats on many planes already crowded by holiday travelers. The Delta Connection flight by Endeavor Air originated in Toronto. Endeavor Air was formerly Pinnacle Airlines.
[Endeavor Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines (DAL).]
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV