NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors returning from holiday again focus on corporate earnings. Here, we preview nine buy-and-trade profiles including Family Dollar (FDO), Alcoa (AA), Micron (MU), Constellation Brands (STZ) and Texas Industries (TXI).
The basic materials sector is 4.2% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 390 stocks 63.8% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
The computer and technology sector is 35.2% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1128 stocks 53.9% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings.
The construction sector is 21.9% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 156 stocks 64.1% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.(BBBY) ($80.48) will report quarterly results afterhours on Jan. 8 and analysts expect the company to report earnings of $1.15 a share. The stock traded to an all-time intra-day high at $80.82 on Jan. 3. The retailer of home products has a buy rating is 17.2% overvalued with a gain of 42.1% over the last 12 months. The weekly chart profile is positive with the five-week MMA at $78.12 and its 200-week simple moving average at $58.62. My weekly and annual value levels are $78.67 and $64.99 with a quarterly pivot at $79.77 and semiannual risky levels at $82.61 and $84.02.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV