2. Microsoft Slate PC
Steve Ballmer looked so confident while presenting the HP Slate during his CES keynote in 2010.
Then his company backed up this optimistic demo by doing absolutely nothing Slate-related for the next year. The HP Slate wasn't released, other talked-about Windows tablets never made it to market. Nope, his folks in Redmond, Wa., were so tuckered out by that CES showing that they just sat back, let Steve Jobs and Apple debut the iPad in April and proceeded to get blown out of the water and lose the tablet race every year since.It was godawful and, as Microsoft's struggles with it Surface tablet hybrid suggest, the company has never recovered. Ballmer's leaving, Windows has been smoked by iOS and Google's Android and the only slate Microsoft seems concerned with these days is the tombstone its competitors keep carving for it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV