The securities litigation firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced in the Delaware Chancery Court on behalf of all common stockholders of KKR Financial Holdings LLC (“KFN” or the “Company”) (NYSE: KFN).
The lawsuit arises out of the attempt to sell the Company to KKR & Co. L.P. (“KKR”). According to the complaint, the proposed transaction was agreed upon through an unfair process and for inadequate consideration. The complaint also alleges that the merger agreement allegedly contains several unreasonable deal protection devices designed to prevent other bidders from making successful competing offers for KFN. Specifically, (i) a strict no-solicitation clause that prohibits KFN from soliciting other potential acquirers or from continuing ongoing discussions with potential acquirers; (ii) a provision that provides KKR with at least four business days to modify the terms of the merger agreement in the event the KFN board is considering recommending any competing proposal; and (iii) a provision that requires KFN to pay KKR a termination fee of $26,250,000 in order to enter into a transaction with a superior bidder, including an obligation to reimburse up to $7.5 million in expenses.
If you currently own common stock of KFN and would like to learn more about the class action lawsuit, you may email or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (410) 415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV