Fla. And Vendor Clash Over Jobless Claims System
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) a¿¿ Florida officials and the company that built the state's new unemployment claims website are clashing over who's to blame for ongoing problems.
The state switched over to the $63 million system in October. Since then, there have been continued complaints about unemployed Floridians frustrated at their ability to process claims.
The state has been fining Deloitte Consulting $15,000 a day since Dec. 23 and has withheld a $3 million payment.
Deloitte this week sent a letter contending that it has met its contractual obligations. The company said ongoing problems are related to the process used by the Department of Economic Opportunity.State officials dispute Deloitte has done enough. DEO's executive director said Friday that it needs "less talk" from company lawyers and more work to fix the website problems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV